Faculty and Topics of Interest
- Sentence comprehension for humans during real-time language comprehension.
- Working-memory constraints, orthography, grammatical representation, and parsing strategy in sentence processing.
- Building automatic tools related to comprehension. For details, see http://web.iitd.ac.in/~samar/
- Lexical and morphological productivity
- Event processing during language comprehension.
- Crowdsourcing and annotation design. For details, see http://web.iitd.ernet.in/~avaidya/
- Computational models of sentence production and comprehension, especially for Hindi-Urdu.
- Neural network models of cognitive representations, linguistic and visual.
- Theory of learning and learnability. For details, see http://web.iitd.ac.in/~sumeet/
- The architecture of the mental module dedicated to language.
- Linguistic computations underlying language structure and variation.
- Language variation vis-a-vis biological variation. For details, see http://web.iitd.ac.in/~pritha/
- Optimality Theory and Harmonic Grammar
- Distributed Morphology
- Cognitive mechanisms in models of human judgment and decision making with an emphasis on behavioral economics.
- Judgments about technology and algorithms; Algorithm aversion (or acceptance).
- Human perspectives on algorithmic decision making. For details, see http://web.iitd.ac.in/~sm1/
- Cognitive and autonomic control
- Lateralized functions
- Biological and cognitive sex-differences
- Understanding how disadvantaged individuals and groups in society experience and manage/challenge issues of identity, emotion, empowerment, and psychological wellbeing;
- Applications of social identity and self-categorization processes to examine critical social/political/development issues in Indian society, particularly caste tensions, gender discrimination, religious conflict, sanitation, and water issues.
For details, see http://web.iitd.ac.in/~yaj
- Influence of structural variables on self and academic performance.
- Linkages of social/ collective memory and intergroup relations.
- Forms of categorizations and their influence on social interactions.
- Justice cognitions and affective reactions to justice violations.
- Psychological test construction and validation.
- Positive Psychology and its research-based applications.
- Positive Psychology Interventions (PPIs) for well-being enhancement.